Remote patient monitoring with SiDLY telemedicine wristbands
How does SiDLY work?
Patient wears the SiDLY telemedicine wristband on his/her wrist.
In life- or health-threatening situations, the system alerts monitoring personnel.
- Receive notifications if parameters (oxygen saturation, heart rate, body temperature) exceed the upper or lower limits,
- Receive notifications if the patient leaves a predetermined safety zone,
- Can access and analyse patient’s records at any time,
- Can call the patient and avoid unnecessary visits to the ward,
- Receive notifications if the patient falls or loses consciousness, wherever the patient might be located.
- Call the staff directly from the wristband,
- Call help by using the SOS key.
A device with multiple functions.
Routine monitoring of heart rate, oxygen saturation and body temperature
Records are transmitted onto the platform on a regular basis. If predetermined limits of vital signs set on the platform by health staff are exceeded, it triggers an alert.
The device automatically notifies monitoring personnel about a detected fall.
SOS key in Braille alphabet
Monitoring personnel is instantly notified if the patient presses the SOS key.
GPS and aGPS tracking systems
They provide the position of the wristband user.
Detection of device removal
If the user removes the wristband or wears it incorrectly, the device sends a notification to monitoring personnel.
Two-way voice communication
The wristband enables the user to call carer / emergency worker and to receive calls.
The device reminds the user about the need to take medication.
It monitors the battery charge level and notifies about the need to charge it.
It notifies the user that the SOS key was pressed, a fall was detected, about the need to take medication, and when the device is switched on, the battery is fully charged or runs down.
- mobile nurse call system featuring two-way voice communication,
- patient tracking system featuring two-way voice communication,
- support of the triage process in emergency rooms,
- support of the risk management system for adverse events, e.g. falls,
- remote monitoring of home-isolated patients.
COVID-19 treatment wards
SiDLY successfully organises the work on wards that treat contagious patients.
- Increase in the number of patients with simultaneous reduction in the number of health workers,
- Coronavirus infections among staff,
- Increasing cost of personal protective equipment for staff on the ward (face masks, suits, gloves).
- The system carries out remote measurements of key parameters that provide an insight into the development of the virus: oxygen saturation, body temperature, heart rate.
- It relieves health staff of the routine measurements.
- It reduces the number of visits to isolation rooms (remote patient monitoring and remote communication).
- It tracks the patient’s position if he or she leaves a predetermined zone.
- It helps to shorten hospital stays.
- Regular and frequent measurements of heart rate, oxygen saturation and body temperature on a remote basis.
- Ability to track patient’s position..
- Ability to treat home-isolated patients.
- Workforce management optimisation.
- Greater functionality of the call system.
- More efficient work on wards that treat contagious patients.
- Hospital cost savings.
- Patient safety.
- Staff safety.
Selected advantages for wards with COVID-19 patients
- Patient safety. Patient’s vital signs are checked every 90 seconds and staff can view historical health records at any time.
- Staff safety. The number of visits to the ward is reduced to a minimum.
- Ability to monitor the status of home-isolated patients The status of patients can be monitored from any location. Doctors can check up on home-isolated patients who are in recovery.
- Hospital cost savings. Hospitals can make savings in costs of personal protective equipment for health staff.
- Work optimisation. One worker can monitor the status of multiple patients.
Find out what doctors say about working on wards that implemented our system.
With the features of the SiDLY system nurses and doctors can react swiftly and prevent to a great extent health-threatening events in cardiac patients.
The SiDLY solution helps to optimise procedures in the area of routine monitoring of
vital signs of our patients.
dr n. med. Emilian Snarski,
Internal Medicine Physician
The device is easy to use and the transmission of data onto the platform means that staff can access all health data at any time and from any location. This makes our work much more efficient.
dr n. med. Jacek Bil,
Telehealth services, which enable automated round-the-clock care, are becoming the norm.
SiDLY is an innovative Polish tech company. It was founded in 2014. Its major product is a telecare system comprised of a proprietary medical device in the form of a wristband, a telemedicine platform and a mobile application. The company holds a certification in medical device manufacturing according to the PN: EN ISO 13458: 2016 standard.
Since its beginning, the founding team have been focused on further development of technology to address the needs of its customers. The company’s accomplishments in the development of new technologies have been recognised worldwide with over 30 awards. The young and dedicated team share a common goal represented by the company’s mission statement:
“To provide everyone with access to constant medical care regardless of place, time and activities performed.”
Our strategy is to create solutions that provide timely information to health workers and carers, and develop algorithms for predicting and anticipating events.
Partners of SiDLY
SiDLY is an innovative Polish brand with many partners in the country and abroad.